COSTUME (RED FISH):
- Red long sleeved top
- Red leggings or pants/joggers
- Red socks
- Black or beige dance shoes
COSTUME (BLUE FISH)
- Royal blue long sleeved top
- Royal blue leggings or pants/joggers
- Royal blue socks
- Black or beige dance shoes
- short hair- slick back and away from face
- long hair- low slick pony or 1-2 french braids
- Read the story that your character is found (all found on YouTube) to learn about your character and choose a prop that relates that you can use in the show! Be creative.
- Rules for props: Must be able to be held in one hand, nothing sharp/inappropriate/weapons/breakable/glass; to be approved by your directors.
GENERAL NOTES FOR SEUSSICAL JR:
There are to be NO pre-bought/packaged costumes! All of the required pieces are regular, everyday clothing items. Some of the required pieces may be in your closet or at your favourite, frequented stores. Keep an open mind if shopping as some pieces may be easier located in a different store or section (kids, boys, etc.).
There are links provided on many of the requirement pages. These links provided are suggestions and pieces we like, majority of which are under $20 and include sale items! Stores we have plenty of success at include; Children’s Place, H&M, Old Navy, Amazon, Walmart, Shein, Plato’s Closet, Salvation Army.
- No logos or characters on clothing.
- Please wear clothing only in the colours listed for your character. When we design the show we have specific looks for all the characters!
- Performing under hot stage lights and extra adrenaline and nerves, can cause stinky actors; remind you actor(s) to wear deodorant during rehearsal and performances!
- Some cast members are playing more than one role; we have created a base look and MYTP will be providing the rest for all characters. This base look is to ease costume changes and comfort during fast pace changes. Additional items may be provided by MYTP during show week.
- Please treat your costumes like costumes! Even if they are made of items found in your closet, once chosen, please leave them to the side and do not wear them out (to the store, school, etc.) until after show week.
Hair/Make-Up: Standard requirements as shown on main Costumes/Hair/Makeup tab. Unless otherwise stated above. All hair, regardless of style, must be completed with gel, hair spray and bobby pins. MYTP recommends all actors (male, female, Super Star, Junior, Senior) wear makeup to highlight and define facial features under the bright stage lights. MY recommends all actors wear mascara (or fake eyelashes), define brows, blush and a natural lip colour.
Shoes: Jazz/Ballet shoes worn in rehearsal. Must be black shoes – all dance shoes can be spray painted, MYTP can complete this if needed.
Socks/Undergarments: Please be mindful of these choices (undergarments, comfort, straps, colours). Socks should match your pant or shoe colour, unless otherwise stated in your required pieces. Undergarments should not be able to be seen through your costume pieces. As well, for those wearing skirts and dresses, there must be shorts worn underneath.
Microphones: If your actor wears a mic (to be notified during class closer to show week), they must have a secure location for the “pack” to be located. This should not be on the costume itself! Please wear an additional sports bra or shorts (the tighter, the better).
ALL COSTUMES ARE TO BE CHECKED FOR APPROVAL BY APRIL 21ST. A photo of your actor in all required pieces should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by APRIL 21ST.
ALL CAST MEMBERS WILL WEAR THEIR FULL COSTUMES TO ALL REHEARSALS BEGINNING APRIL 30TH, UNTIL SHOW WEEK!
If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out. Be sure to start looking for costumes right away in case you need to order anything online or have trouble finding pieces, so that everything has arrived and is prepared by April 21st. If you have any questions, concerns or difficulties please notify us ASAP so we are able to assist you with options or alternatives.